This privacy notice (“Privacy Notice“) describes how SmartCraft AS (“SmartCraft“, “we“, or “us“) processes personal data about business associates, candidates for recruitment, recipients of newsletters and visitors of our website, and what rights you have in connection with our processing pursuant to the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR“) and national data protection legislation (together “data protection legislation“). “Personal data” means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (a “data subject“).
2 SmartCraft’s responsibility as a controller
SmartCraft processes personal data as a data controller, i.e. we determine the purposes and means of the processing of personal data.
3 Our processing of personal data
3.1 Processing activities and the purpose of the processing activities
The following list includes information about the personal data which we process, and the purposes which the personal data is processed for:
- Business associates. We will process the personal data of representatives and contacts of our business partners, in order to administer our business relationships. We will in this respect process the name, occupation, contact information and place of work of the aforementioned representatives and contacts.
- Candidates for recruitment. We process personal data as part of our recruitment routines. Such personal data may include name, e-mail, address, phone number, photographs, date of birth, CV and application data.
- Recipients of our newsletter. We process personal data in order to provide our newsletter. The only personal data processed is the data subject’s email address.
3.2 The sources we obtain personal data from
3.3 Our legal basis for the processing of personal data
Our processing of personal data is based on the following bases for processing:
- Legitimate interests. When we process personal data about business associates and candidates for recruitment, we do so based on our legitimate interests, which in our assessment overrides your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms.
4 Do we transfer or disclose data to third parties?
We use the following service providers in connection with the processing of personal data:
- Various suppliers. We may use various suppliers related to accounting, IT and professional services, which processes personal data on our behalf as a data processor. We always conclude data processing agreements with suppliers to ensure that we are in compliance with statutory requirements when we disclose personal data, for example that the data are stored in a secure manner, and that these are not used for any other purposes. We store all personal data on data servers within the EU/EEA.
- Other companies in the SmartCraft group. We may share data with our subsidiaries in the SmartCraft group, such as Cordel Norge AS, Bygglet AB, EL-Info i Växjö AB and Congrid Oy.
We will not disclose your personal data to any other third parties than the third parties described above, unless we are required to do so under applicable law, or if it is necessary in order to establish, exercise or defend legal claims.
5 Data retention
We will delete or anonymize personal data when they are no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed.
6 Your data protection rights
As a data subject, you have the following rights in connection with our processing of your personal data:
- Access. You have the right to know which of your personal data we process.
- Rectification. You may ask us to rectify and/or complete inaccurate or incomplete personal data.
- Erasure (the right to be forgotten). You may request that we delete your personal data, a request which we will respect and comply with.
- Restriction of processing. You may ask us to restrict the processing of your personal data.
- Right to object. You may object to the processing of your personal data.
- Data portability. You may ask us to provide you or others with your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format.
Please note that there may be limitations regarding your rights and the rights available to you will depend on the particular circumstances of the processing. You may contact us as described below if you wish to invoke your rights. We may request additional information from you, if such information is necessary to confirm your identity.
SmartCraft is responsible for the security and confidentiality of the personal data we process. We are furthermore responsible for implementing technical and organizational measures to ensure an appropriate level of security of processing. All of our employees are subject to a duty of confidentiality with regard to your personal data where it is necessary.
8 Lodging complaints – The Norwegian Data Protection Authority and other supervisory authorities
You may contact us at any time if you have any questions or complaints regarding our processing of your personal data. You may also file a complaint to the Norwegian Data Protection Authority, which is responsible for supervising Norwegian organizations’ processing of personal data, or the data protection authority in the EU/EEA Member State of your habitual residence.
Below is a list of websites where you can find more information and obtain contact details of some of the different data protection authorities that may be relevant to you:
We may, from time to time, update this Privacy Notice for example due to changes in our processing activities, applicable data protection legislation or other legislation which may affect our processing of personal data. An updated version of this Privacy Notice will be published on our website if any revisions to the Privacy Notice is made.
10 Contact information
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice, including how we process personal data, or would like to submit a request to exercise your rights, please contact us at:
Borgundfjordvegen 80, 6017 Ålesund
+47 952 67 104
Last updated: 26 May 2021